What is the best age to photograph my newborn?
- The best age to photograph newborns is between 4-10 days after birth. It is possible to photograph babies that are a bit older but we can't guarantee all the curly squishy poses you see in our portfolio.
Do you have props or do I need to bring props?
- We have a large selection of props available to use. We carefully select props made by newborn photography prop makers to specifically fit brand new babies.
- You do not need to purchase or bring any props for the session. Of course if there is something specific you want to bring please contact us before your session so we can be prepared with any additional backgrounds or baskets to match.
How far in advance should I book?
- It's never to early to book your session. We book months in advance, usually around 4 months of pregnancy.
- We book a limited number of due dates each month, by booking (paying your deposit) early you are guaranteed a spot on our calendar.
- Once the little one arrives we adjust the date on our calendar.
- We occasionally have last minute availability for those that didn't reserve a session in advance.
Can parents and siblings be in the pictures?
- Of course! We include parent and siblings in every photo session if you want.
- Please let us know in advance if you would like parent and/or sibling poses.
What days and time do you schedule sessions?
- Newborn sessions are scheduled in studio Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 10AM and 2PM.
- Sessions for older babies and maternity sessions are scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday evening and Saturday day.
Can you come to our home?
- We take a very limited number of in home sessions and charge a additional travel fee for those we do.
- In-home sessions are mostly lifestyle sessions, meaning photographing the baby in their natural environment with parents.
- When you come to the studio we have control of the lighting, space needed to pose the baby, props of different sizes to fit your baby, and most importantly we have control of the temperature of the studio. Remember your baby will likely be unclothed and the room needs to be very warm (around 85 degrees).
Can we do a outdoor session? (newborn)
- Yes we love doing outdoor newborn sessions, weather permitting.
- We have a few places local to the studio that we use for outdoor sessions.
- Please keep in mind that outdoor newborn sessions usually have a smaller number of final images to choose from. They take longer and have less opportunities to get photos. However the ones we do get are amazing; we especially love beach sessions and schedule them at sunset.
- If you are wanting both a in studio session and a outdoor session you will need to schedule 2 separate sessions with us. We do offer a discount for the 2nd session.
- If you are considering a outdoor session we must be notified in advance.
Can we do a outdoor session? (maternity and older baby)
- Yes we offer outdoor sessions for both maternity and older babies, weather permitting.
- We have a few local places that we use regularly at no additional charge. We also offer beach sessions with a extra travel fee. We especially love maternity sessions on the beach at sunset.
- Please keep in mind that there might not be a area to change cloths, so please arrive ready for your session.
Will you post a sneak-peak of our session on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest?
- If you would like for us to, we will. If you do not, please let us know in advance to your session so that we can make a note in your file. Your privacy is very important to us.
- If you would like for us to post a sneak peak please like/follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
How long does it take to get our images after the session?
- You will receive your images via digital download within 2 weeks of your session.
- You will receive a print release with your session so that you can print wherever you choose.
- You can choose to print from us using our online ordering system at a very affordable price.
- Prints that are printed through us are calibrated to the printing company we use. You wont have to worry about any of the colors being off or heads chopped off in your print.
- We do not guarantee prints that are ordered from outside companies.